Friday, August 7, 2009

Sparkle Friday around the world

What is Sparkle Friday? It's a fun little club I started when I was in broadcasting school to brighten my day and to brighten the world.

My mom was dying in the hospital through the first few months of broadcasting school, and she passed on when I was still in school. It was a tough time for me, and in order to focus on completing school despite losing the only family I'd ever known, I needed to find ways to stay positive.

I've always loved sparkling, shiny things (who doesn't?!) and I started wearing some of the sparkles I had in my makeup kit that I usually only wore when I went out clubbing.
Then my friend Tracey was wearing some sparkly mascara and we started talking about how great sparkles are, and out of that conversation came Sparkle Fridays! It was a lot of fun and we started wearing as much sparkles as we could on Fridays, without going to the extent of looking like a disco ball (though if you look like a disco ball, good on ya!).

Sparkle Friday disappeared when school was finished and I'd pretty much forgotten about it. But today I decided to wear a pair of shoes with some rhinestones on them, and that spark for Sparkle Friday was re-ignited:)

Now I want to share Sparkle Friday with the world. So take part in Sparkle Friday by glamming up in whatever kind of sparkles you desire. Body shimmer, sparkle nail polish, even sparkles in your hair, rings, shiny buttons (I like to wear a rhinestone on my face like a beauty mark) are just some examples. Whatever tickles your fancy, show the world your sparkle on Sparkle Friday! It's a lot of fun:) Let's see how many people we can get to participate in the Sparkle Friday club:)

Love, hugs & sparkles!!

3 comments:

  1. hi marie...
    hmmm... could be a kindred spirit here.
    Am eagerly looking forward to knowing more about you.
    Lisa in OZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, let's let the sparkles out of the bag, out of the closet. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited there are others who are on the fun #sparklefriday bandwagon:)

    ReplyDelete