Monday, February 23, 2009

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster

If you've been struggling lately, I'm going to suggest you watch a movie called Office Space.
It's a few years old and it's a little rough around the edges but I think you'll appreciate how the main character is able to completely let go. And it works out in his favour like you wouldn't believe.
I'm actually watching it right now and I'm just loving it. I have struggled with letting go myself but the struggle just doesn't help us, does it?
I know it, you know it, we all know that the struggle just brings about more pain.
But when you're caught up in that struggle... GAWD, it feels so HARD not to just struggle some more, doesn't it?! Just a little more fighting and I can FIND this happiness that is MISSING in my life, right?
But the MORE we struggle and the HARDER we try, the WORSE things tend to get. Because we're feeling lousy and everything we're doing is coming from a place of misery, fear, despair.
So, if you can, rent the movie, download it, borrow it from a friend or whatever. It's kind of a dark comedy. You'll laugh. It might even get you a bit angry, in a good way.
The best scene in the movie is when the song "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" is playing. You'll know it when you see it. Ahhh.... sweet relief. You're going to have fun watching this movie.
Maybe it will help you to release a bit of that struggle and to surrender and "go with the flow."
Hugs!

Spirituality and wellness radio
Spirituality and wellness radio show

No comments:

Post a Comment