Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Summer McStravick's Flowdreaming blog

I wanted to share with you that one of my favorite radio show hosts, Summer MCStravick from Hay House Radio's "Flowdreaming" show has started a new blog.
She is so uplifting and inspiring and one of the wonderful things about her is she doesn't feed you a bunch of bull (in my opinion). She is positive and optimistic and always inspiring, but she shares that she also goes through dark times, deals with depression and anxiety and over-thinking, too.

There are very few spiritual teachers out there who will admit this. I've started to become disillusioned lately (and I'll post some of my recent ramblings very soon) with the whole new age / spiritual movement because, while hope is an important thing to instill into people, honesty is just as important. To hear that some guy woke up one day out of the depths of despair (this is a real author, I won't mention his name) and he hasn't had a single moment of negative thinking or looking to the past of the future, always living happily in the moment? Come off it.

I hope that it's true for him, but having been on my own spiritual path for years now, I find it hard to beleive. And you know what? People learn more from REAL people. I don't want to hear about some perfect person who has never made a mistake, never had a moment of anger in his heart, etc, etc. People aren't perfect. And to strive for perfection can lead to more pain.

So, if you want to learn and be inspired by a real and honest person who really does walk the talk, then check out Summer McStravick's new blog.

And remember to check out my new website for Synchronicity: Talk Radio for Your Mind, Body & Soul. I actually interviewed Summer's mother, Venus Andrecht a few months ago and you can hear that podcast on my "past shows" page.


Spirituality and wellness radio
Spirituality and wellness radio show

No comments:

Post a Comment