Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thank you, fellow bus passengers! I love you!

I normally drive my room mate's car to buy groceries, but I went to the store after my chiropractor appointment with plans to buy only a few things. I ended up buying enough groceries to fill 3 bags. Heavy stuff like cans of soup.
So I decided to take the bus instead of walking home with the bags.

I got on the bus and placed my heavy bags down by an elderly lady sitting in one of the courtesy seats at the front of the bus. I was listening to my MP3 player so I had to take out my headphones when she tried to talk to me. She said I could push my bags under her seat if I wanted.
Then another man got up and offered me his seat. I said thanks but told him I was getting off in a couple stops so I was fine.
Then ANOTHER man offered me a seat that became available. I was just about to get off so I didn't need it.
Taking the bus is not one of my favourite pass times, especially during rush hour, which it was on this particular voyage. But I have to give kudos to those wonderful bus passengers, to the Universe, or whatever. I didn't need a seat but when I got off the bus I just felt so BLESSED. I was treated so kindly, in a jam-packed bus during rush hour when people are normally a bit tired, a bit grumpy and just want to zone out and get home without interacting or making efforts to help out.
But today, the bus ride was a beautiful and uplifting experience. I just wanted to share it because someone on Twitter asked me about gratitude. (I'm SpiritualShow on Twitter, by the by!)
And I am definitely grateful to those wonderful spirits who shared the bus with me today. A little kindness goes a long way.
I want to pay it forward and send my love your way right now. Thank you for being you.
Hugs
Marie
here's a link to my spirituality and wellness radio show site

Spirituality and wellness radio
Spirituality and wellness radio show

No comments:

Post a Comment